Let the right jobs and recruiters find you...
- Our advanced "jobs by email" will send you new jobs every day.
- Recruiters will contact you directly about jobs they have available.
- Registration only takes a few minutes, but will save you hours.
|Driver Team Leader
Aylesbury (Full Time, Permanent)
£30,000 - £35,000 / Year
Driver Team Leader - Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire,
Driver Team Leader
Job Title: Driver Team Leader
Contract: Full Time (46.25 hours)
Reporting to: Operations Supervisor
Salary: £33,195 per annum with opportunity for overtime & benefits
Driving licence required: Class C Licence essential
Our client is on the hunt for a Driver Team Leader to join their waste operations facility in Aylesbury. This is a fantastic opportunity to step into an integral leadership role and join a company that take pride in looking after their employees. If you seek full time employment offering plenty of job satisfaction, recognition, reward and a great work life balance, this is the role for you.
As Driver Team Leader, you will lead and motivate a small team of operatives with the aim of delivering excellent customer service as well as holding responsibility for driving the vehicle to multiple locations with your team throughout the day.
This company have recently purchased a huge Fleet of impressive state of the art vehicles fully kitted out with the latest technology (Bluetooth, DAB etc) and are currently going through an exciting period of transformation. Employees will also benefit from brand new facilities at their distribution headquarters inclusive of showers, a kitchen and a comfortable working environment.
Duties of the Driver Team Leader
* Responsible for driving specialist Refuse Collection Vehicles
* Leading and coordinating a team of operatives to ensure that waste is collected, transported and disposed of according to operational guidance and terms
* Carrying out daily vehicle inspections and maintenance
* Using the in-cab terminal and smartphone to report procedure related operations
* Ensuring that team members are wearing the correct uniform and protective equipment
* Reporting information to the Operations supervisor e.g. training needs for team members, missed collections, ideas for improvements etc.
* Great communication skills
* Good verbal and written communication
* Exceptional customer service
* Leadership and motivational skills
* Problem solving skills
* A team player with a genuine care for others
* IT and technology proficiency
* Punctuality and reliability
* A great work ethic
* The ability to meet the physical demands of the role
* An upbeat personality and enthusiasm for a ‘job well done’
Qualifications & Experience
* Class C Licence (LGV 2)
* A minimum of 2 years Class C Licence UK driving experience
* Safe driving history
* A highly competitive and industry leading salary of £33,195 per annum with overtime available (paid at time and a half)
* Your day begins at 6:15am with no set time to finish as long as your daily tasks have been completed to the highest standard – then the rest of your day is your own!
* There is a fantastic reward scheme in place to acknowledge excellence of an employee who has demonstrated the desirable behavioural framework. Awards can range from; early finishes, high street vouchers from £20, theatre tickets, free meals and more!
* 25 days holiday entitlement
* CPC Training provided
If you have goals for leadership, desire to work as a team and make a real difference, we’d love to hear from you!
hr inspire Ltd is an equal opportunities Business Consultancy acting as an employment agency for permanent / temporary / interim and contractor roles.
By submitting your cv application you are providing your expressed permission to both share your details with the employer in consideration for this opportunity and also to retain your information on our recruiter database of job seeking professionals to contact regarding other similar opportunities handled by our team of in house Consultants for the next 2 years.
For more information, please call our team on (Apply online only).
Driver, vehicle, HGV, LGV, operations, waste, team, recycling,